The Foot And Ankle Healthcare Center, PC
Foot & Ankle Pain
The human foot is a biological masterpiece. It's strong, flexible, and functional design enables it to do its job well and without complaint - if you take of it and don't take it for granted.
- The foot can be compared to a finely tuned race care, or a space shuttle, vehicles whose function dictates their design and structure. And like them, the human foot is very complex
- The components of your feet work together, sharing the tremendous pressures of daily living. An average day of walking for example, brings a force equal to several hundred tons to bear on the feet. This helps explain why your feet are more subject to injury than any other part of your body.
- Foot ailments are among the most common of our health problems. Although some can be traced to heredity, many stem from the cumulative impact of a lifetime of abuse and neglect. Studies show that 75 percent of Americans experience foot problems of a greater or lesser degree of seriousness at some time in their lives; nowhere near that many seek medical treatment, apparently because they mistakenly believe that discomfort and pain or normal and expectable.
- There are a number of systemic diseases that are sometimes detected in the feet, such as diabetes, circulatory disorders, anemia, and kidney problems. Arthritis, including gout, often attacks foot joints first.
- Your feet, like other specialized structures, require specialized care. A Doctor of Podiatric medicine can make an important contribution to you total health, whether it is regular preventive care or surgery to correct a deformity. Dr. Carmen April is available to help you do just that. Call us today for your appointment!